Tuesday, August 6, 2013

I Am Down 14 Pounds in One Week!!!!

I just wanted to share with you that I have been juicing, drinking Shakeology, walking and doing HipHopAbs, and I am down 14 pounds, as of today.  I started with my 100% commitment a week ago, 7 days!  It really pays off to make the commitment and stay focused.  I have not eaten meat in a week now.  I am taking the Ultimate Reset supplements.

What else am I doing?  What have I learned?

I am refusing to let hurdles stand in my way.  When I cannot do HipHopAbs, I make sure I walk or get some other form of exercise.

I have found that I do not have to eat meat, cheese, bread, pasta or any white starches, to be happy.

I read something motivational or inspiring every day.  This helps me stay positive and focused.

Every day I grow stronger and healthier, and feeling good - sooooo trumps the miserable that I was before I began this journey to change.

Taking small walks, multiple times a day, relieves the overwhelming feeling of exercise.  Think about it, you can invest an hour or more- and every day fight the mental battle of "it's that time again," or you can split it up into smaller increments that are over before you know it. 

If you take your dog for a walk, you focus more on the dog than the exercise factor.

I love water and I'm losing my dependence on (unsweetened) iced tea.

It's not hard at all to pass on McDonald's, Subway, and every other easy temptation that's out there for you to buy at the check-out aisle.  It gets easier, each and every day.

-------------------------------

I am so thankful that I have the opportunity to do this Journey To Change, without a life-threatening prompt.  I have high-cholesterol and very high triglycerides.  I currently am taking medication for both, and also blood pressure medication.  I take medicine for diabetes (type 2).  I want to wean myself off of this stuff.

With the Obamacare factor, I do not want to have to be judged for my medical needs, when I have to obtain insurance after the military.  If they can determine your vehicular insurance rate based on your credit report and your driving history....I can only imagine what they will do with mandatory health insurance.

Most of all, I just want to be a healthy weight and have a healthy body.

No comments:

Post a Comment