Thursday, August 8, 2013

The Path Isn't Always Easy

The frustrating part about the weight-loss aspect of getting healthier, is that it is one heckuva lot easier to put on the pounds, versus taking them off.  For quite a few days I saw a steady decrease in weight on the scale.  The past two mornings....nada!  I can't let this discourage me or bring me down..  Allowing little set-backs or stalls become problematic excuses is what got me to where I am now.  I cannot let a little mole-hill turn into a mountain.  I have to keep traveling in the right direction and refuse to let hiccups throw me off course!

I'm down 18 pounds so far, and that is a big step in the right direction.  When I think about it, I've lost hundreds of pounds, but I've re-gained those same hundreds of pounds over and over again.  Why would I want to let a little stall in the road I'm traveling, take me totally off my intended path?

I gained a walking buddy this morning, which means I will likely get to talking and put in even more time.  This is good.  In the interest of getting more exercise, I am likely to double my time every day.  The time flies when you have company.  It makes you want to do more, just to hang-out a little longer.

Eventually I am going to start doing both the walking and HipHopAbs every day.  With our upcoming trip, I am going to miss a week or so of the combination, but I will be back.

Apple juice & blackberries & pomegranate....yummy.  This is my breakfast this morning.

So, for my "to-do" list, I've gotten in the bulk of my exercise, eaten a good breakfast, read- got in the inspirational time, and I'm well on to the fun parts of the list.  Need to make three phone calls.  Need to get ready for my trip. 

I know, THINK POSITIVE!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment